- The first UK owned and operated OpenStack public cloud provider
- The first UK SME sponsoring The OpenStack Foundation
- Engineering cloud solutions with OpenStack and Ceph since 2011
- Upstream contributors to OpenStack, Ceph and other open source software
Our team includes Active Technical Contributors pushing code to the upstream OpenStack code base, alongside many other open source contributions to projects we use.
As well as using OpenStack and Ceph, we make extensive use of open source tools to configure, operate, automate and monitor our cloud services. Amongst others, these include Docker, Puppet, Foreman, Jenkins, InfluxDB, Grafana and Icinga2.
Code we contribute is among the most widely used in the world. Our Ceph management module for Puppet is the most downloaded on Puppet Forge and we commit directly to the Fog project, the foremost Ruby library for interacting with OpenStack.
As a result of our deep technical involvement for a number of years, we have expert skills around deployment, monitoring, and day-to-day running of production-ready OpenStack platforms.
Our UK-based OpenStack platform is recognised by the OpenStack Foundation as fully standards compliant, meaning no vendor lock in for our customers. Head over to the OpenStack Marketplace to view our Interoperability Report.
- We were the organisers of the first European Operators MidCycle, bringing together the operators community from across the world to meet in Manchester.
- As recognised subject matter experts, we’ve assisted in selecting presentations for OpenStack Summits for the last two years
- We are contributors to various OpenStack Foundation Working Groups, defining direction for the community, and are active participants in the global operators community
- As active promoters of OpenStack in the user community, we organise the only official OpenStack user group in the North of the UK, and host regular meetings with a wide range of industry speakers.
Our open-source contributions can be found on our Github organization page.
You can view breakdowns of our contributions to OpenStack projects over on Stackalytics.
Come say hi to us over on our IRC channel, #datacentred on irc.freenode.net